Medieval Churches - St. Nicholas, Brockenhurst - New Forest National Park - Forest life in photographs

Go to content

Main menu:

Medieval Churches - St. Nicholas, Brockenhurst

Other Sights > Medieval Churches


St. Nicholas is a medieval church and the only one within the New Forest boundary to be mentioned in the Domesday survey of 1086.

It has the largest and oldest yew tree in the New Forest - over 1,000 years old, and a girth of 6.73 metres (22 feet).

The New Zealand Cemetery is situated in the rear churchyard and is a fitting tribute (and final resting place) of many New Zealand soldiers who died here during the First World War.    

'Brusher' Mills, the Brockenhurst snakecatcher, is buried here.

St. Nicholas Church, Brockenhurst
Church Lane, Brockenhurst.
Copyright © 2018 | Laurie Pickering photography | All Rights Reserved.
Back to content | Back to main menu